GLACIER NATIONAL PARK: ADVENTURING WITH KIDS
With an emphasis on outdoor education and fun and an approach that zeroes in on the best options for families, Glacier National Park: Adventuring with Kids is a great resource for parents and kids alike. The McAllisters have a refreshingly honest approach—they acknowledge that kids aren’t going to be excited about views and that, just like adults, little ones and teenagers get cranky when they’re cold or hungry. Parents will feel confident that the adventures they recommend are sure to please. With this guide in hand, families won’t risk having their “Going-to-the-Sun” drive end up feeling more like “Going-to-the-Dark-Side” with grumpy, bored children. Instead they’ll be able to keep the whole family happy and ready for adventure!
- Fun for all ages in one of America’s most stunning parks
- Easy-to-follow organization based on park’s geography
- Kid-tested hikes, historic and natural sights, wildlife viewing, boating opportunities, and more
- Information on the Junior Ranger program found throughout the National Parks Service system
- “Best Bets” and “Top Five Tips” gets everyone out of the car and into the park
- 3-, 5-, and 7-day recommended itineraries make vacation planning a breeze